If You Slip & Fall on Someone Else’s Property, Hire an Experienced Slip & Fall Lawyer near Philadelphia
Pennsylvania premises liability law states that owners and property managers of public places including shops, restaurants, and grocery stores, must keep the premises of their property free of hazards and are responsible for the safety of all people visiting their property. Therefore, if the conditions on someone else’s property are responsible for causing you injury in a slip and fall accident, a personal injury lawyer can help you figure out the full extent of the damages you are owed and go about obtaining compensation.
When a person gets injured as a result of negligence from property management, they can be faced with medical expenses, loss of income, and pain and suffering. An experienced slip and fall lawyer can help to ensure that you are repaid in full for your damages, both physical and emotional. Stuart Carpey is an experienced premises liability slip and fall lawyer in Philadelphia who can help you in the event of an accident.
Common Premises Liability Claims
Premises liability refers to the liability of a property owner whose premises, due to some inefficiency, caused injury to someone. For instance:
- Slip and fall accidents on slippery or wet surfaces
- Fall down due to broken railing on a staircase
- Fall down on an uneven or broken sidewalk
How PA Premises Liability Cases are Handled
Winning a premises liability claim in Pennsylvania can be a complex process. The mere presence of a defective condition on the property does not mean you will absolutely win a liability case. Pennsylvania is a comparative negligence state, meaning that it acknowledges all of the parties’ responsibility for the accident including the injured plaintiff. There are certain factors to consider in a premises liability situation, some of which a premises liability attorney in Pennsylvania will have to investigate, which include:
- What was the circumstance which led the visitor to enter the property?
- What is the use of the property where the accident took place? (home, business, other?)
- Was it foreseeable that an injury would occur on this aspect of the property?
- Were the property owner’s efforts to repair this aspect of the property reasonable? Did the owner try at all to repair or warn of the danger?
The property owner has a duty to keep his property safe and to notify you of any defects on the property, but you also have a duty to be careful and to remain aware of your surroundings.
Why Hire Stuart. A. Carpey to be Your Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer?
In the event of a fall down accident, it is important to have experience and dedication on your side. Stuart Carpey has helped countless others gain compensation for their damages in personal injury cases.
- He can help you prove that the injury was the result of someone else’s negligence.
- He can guard you from attempts by the other party or the insurance company to try to convince you to settle for less than you deserve.
- He can help you obtain full financial compensation for all of your medical expenses.
- He will stick with your case the entire way to make sure that each detail is handled with care and expertise.
- The Five Most Common Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Request Free Books Written by Attorney Stuart A. Carpey
What Our Clients Say
Contact a Philadelphia Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Today!
Our reputation for success and unmatched attention to the needs of our clients has made Stuart Carpey one of the most trusted Personal Injury lawyers in the greater Philadelphia area. If you’re in need of a Personal Injury lawyer, we recommend that you pursue your claim as soon after your incident as possible. Contact Stuart Carpey today for a complimentary consultation in which he will examine your case in detail and advise you on how to proceed and ultimately recover the compensation you deserve!