Accidents caused by riding a SEPTA bus, train, or trolley are common in and around the Philadelphia area.
Fun fact: the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is the sixth largest public transport network in the United States, offering millions of rides to people who depend on transit services like trains, buses and trolleys for their daily transport and work.
Why Should You Choose A Philadelphia SEPTA Accident Lawyer?
The Carpey Law Advantage
SEPTA is a state agency. Special rules apply to them. If those rules are not followed, for instance, how and when to notify SEPTA of your claim, you will lose your case. That is why you need to hire an experienced Philadelphia SEPTA accident lawyer, like Stuart A. Carpey, to handle your SEPTA case.
Stuart Carpey is the ideal attorney to handle your SEPTA accident case. He has decades of experience dealing with personal injury laws, making him one of the top-rated lawyers in PA. He consistently achieves results that satisfy and impress his clients because he takes the time that is needed to understand and resolve your Philadelphia SEPTA accident case.
What Clients Say About Carpey Law
Dear Mr. Carpey: I appreciate the time it took from you to settle my case with SEPTA. I know it was not an easy case, and I realize the case took a while until it was finished. Thank you for keeping me informed throughout the process, and ultimately for successfully settling the case.
What To Do If You’ve Been In a SEPTA Accident
- At the scene of a SEPTA bus, train, or trolley accident the bus driver will hand out an incident form or card for you to fill out. This is utilized to identify you as a passenger. You should complete the incident form or card and give it to the driver or SEPTA supervisor at the scene. SEPTA uses this information to fight fraud, for example, people claiming they were in accidents when they actually were not. If the bus driver does not voluntarily hand out a form, you absolutely have the right to ask for one.
- Write down a description of the driver, and get his or her name, as well as the names of any other drivers involved.
- If you suffered injuries as a passenger on the SEPTA bus, make sure that the SEPTA bus driver takes down your name and information to include in their SEPTA incident form.
- Write down or take a picture of the bus number, the route number of the bus you were on and the vehicle’s license plate. Take any other pictures you believe could be helpful including photos of the accident scene, street signs, etc.
- Go to an emergency room for immediate medical care if necessary, and tell your doctors what is physically bothering you and how you were hurt.
SEPTA Accidents and Injuries
With hundreds of cars and buses on the roads, especially in congested areas of Philadelphia, SEPTA accidents are inevitable. Whether you are a commuter, SEPTA customer or pedestrian, it’s important to understand the risk and your rights when it comes to SEPTA accidents. While car/bus accidents may typically come to mind when you think of a SEPTA accident, SEPTA personal injury claims can happen in a variety of ways including:
- Injuries caused when a train or subway car leaves the track
- Injuries as a result of bus accidents from both the initial impact or any damages to the vehicles, such as broken glass
- Pedestrian accidents including being hit by a bus’s side view mirror, being hit by a bus while crossing the street or bordering/exiting a bus, etc.
- Injuries as a result of sudden stops or turns
- Sexual assault while riding SEPTA
- Physical assault while riding SEPTA
Filing a SEPTA Injury Claim
Often following a SEPTA accident that results in injured passengers or pedestrians, SEPTA offers the victims a pre-emptive settlement deal which typically covers any initial medical bills. While this may seem tempting at first, as medical bills begin to pile up, we advise you to consult with an experienced Philadelphia SEPTA accident lawyer like Stuart Carpey before signing any paperwork as you may be eligible for further compensation. With an experienced, top Philadelphia SEPTA accident lawyer on your side, depending on the extent of your injuries and suffering, you may be eligible to win the maximum payout from SEPTA.
Fraudulent SEPTA Injury Claims
Claiming fraudulent injuries in any kind of accident is against the law. In order to combat the large number of fraudulent injury claims made against SEPTA each year, SEPTA has installed surveillance cameras both inside and outside of their vehicles. While the camera footages helps SEPTA crackdown on false claims, it can also be helpful for Philadelphia SEPTA accident lawyers to have the footage of the actual accident itself.
Choose an Accident Lawyer Who Has Fought and Won SEPTA Accident Cases
If you have been injured in a Septa accident, you may have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. These types of accidents can happen while you are a passenger on a SEPTA vehicle or from being injured by a SEPTA vehicle. In Philadelphia, Injuries caused on SEPTA property allow for a claim for damages, such as tripping and falling on a broken step at a SEPTA bus stop. You should seek the help of an experienced Philadelphia SEPTA accident lawyer who can get you compensation for your injuries caused in any of these situations around the Philadelphia area.
Contact a Philadelphia SEPTA Accident Lawyer Today!
Our reputation for success and unmatched attention to the needs of our clients has made Stuart Carpey one of the most trusted SEPTA accident lawyers in the greater Philadelphia area. If you’re in need of a Philadelphia SEPTA accident lawyer, we recommend that you pursue your claim as soon after your incident as possible. Contact Stuart Carpey today for a complimentary consultation in which he will examine your case in detail and advise you on how to proceed and ultimately recover the compensation you deserve!