Philadelphia had the largest number of pedestrian deaths in 2012 of all the counties in the state of Pennsylvania. Of the 168 pedestrians killed in accidents in Pennsylvania that year, more than a quarter of them happened in Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrian accidents, especially involving a motor vehicle, can result in serious injuries and therefore costly medical bills, lost wages, and emotional damage. Many pedestrian accidents can even result in death, causing vast emotional grief for families and friends. Seeking compensation for your damages can be a complicated process, so make sure you choose a personal injury lawyer who has the expertise necessary to ensure that you are fully reimbursed and relieved of any financial burdens.
What Should You Do If You’ve Been in a Pedestrian Accident?
After all emergencies have been attended to, it is important to note down as many details about the accident as possible. Write down:
- The location of the accident
- The date and time of the accident
- The driver’s information (if the accident involved a car), including name, birthdate, driver’s license number, and insurance information
- The vehicle’s information (if the accident involved a car), including make, model, color, and VIN number
- Recall exactly what happened to the best of your ability – your location, the location of the car, where it struck you, where your injuries are located – so that you can relay the details to your Philadelphia injury lawyer
- See a doctor as soon as possible after the accident (even if you have only sustained minor injuries) both to ensure that you have not sustained any internal damage and so that he or she can provide witness to the severity of your injuries
Learn more info about best practices for pedestrian safety.
Contact a Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer Today!
Our reputation for success and unmatched attention to the needs of our clients has made Stuart Carpey one of the most trusted Personal Injury lawyers in the greater Philadelphia area. If you’re in need of a Personal Injury lawyer, we recommend that you pursue your claim as soon after your incident as possible. Contact Stuart Carpey today for a complimentary consultation in which he will examine your case in detail and advise you on how to proceed and ultimately recover the compensation you deserve!