Pedestrian accidents, especially involving a motor vehicle, can result in serious injuries costly medical bills, and lost wages. Seeking compensation for your injuries can be a complicated process, so make sure you choose a pedestrian accident lawyer who has the expertise necessary to ensure that you are fully compensated for all of the injuries and damages related to the case.
The Carpey Law Advantage
Why choose Stuart Carpey as your personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia and across Pennsylvania?
What Clients Say About Carpey Law
I was very happy with the professional manner in which things were handled. Keep up the good work! If I ever need your services again, I’ll be in touch. Also, I will recommend your service to anyone!
– Dorothy Moukoulis
“From Day One, I Felt At Ease With Mr. Carpey”
FAQs From a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The Leading Causes of Pedestrian Injury Accidents
If cars and pedestrians are traveling on the same roadway, there is always a chance for a tragic accident. Crosswalks, parking lots, residential roads, and urban streets are all common settings for an auto accident involving a pedestrian — and unfortunately, these pedestrian accidents happen all too often in Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs. The most common cause of pedestrian injury accidents typically involves drivers who are:
- Driving under the influence
- Driving distracted, typically involving cell phone usage
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Refusing to yield right-of-way for crosswalks or parking lots
- Failing to use turn signals
- Driving too close to the side of the road or the curb
Most pedestrian accidents are avoidable. If you or your loved one is injured in a type of pedestrian accident then you may contact a pedestrian accident law frim to fight for compensation.
What to Do If You’ve Been in a Pedestrian Accident in PA
If you are struck by a vehicle while walking, here’s what you should do:
- Contact the police.
- Even if you believe that you may be partially at fault for the accident
- Even if you don’t feel injured
- When the police arrive to process the scene, be sure to ask for the officer’s name, badge number, and a copy of the police report.
- Document the following information:
- Your location, the location of the car, where it struck you, where your injuries are located.
- The precise date, time and location of the accident
- The driver’s information including name, birthdate, driver’s license number, and insurance information
- The vehicle’s information (make, model, color, and VIN number)
- If you were hit by a commercial vehicle, you should document the company for which that driver works as multiple parties may be liable for your injuries.
- Recall precisely what happened to the best of your ability so that you can relay the details to your pedestrian accident lawyer.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident including:
- Injuries you may have sustained
- The driver’s license and insurance
- Damages to the vehicle that struck you, and any company information displayed if it is a commercial vehicle
- The location of the accident
- Weather conditions
- Speak with any witnesses to the accident and ask for contact information for any witnesses willing to provide a statement.
- See a doctor as soon as possible after the pedestrian accident (even if you have only sustained minor or superficial injuries)
- Ensure that you have not sustained any internal damage
- They can provide witnesses to the severity of your pedestrian accident injuries.
How To Get Compensation After A Pedestrian Injury Accident In PA?
When it comes to compensations for injuries from pedestrian accidents in Pennsylvania, insurance coverages can be complex. When a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle, they are automatically considered a full tort, even if they typically have limited tort insurance. Full tort coverage means that the pedestrian is entitled to compensation for pain and suffering. However, if the driver of the vehicle that hit you does not have car insurance or doesn’t have enough insurance to cover your injuries, obtaining an adequate amount of compensation for your pedestrian accident injuries may be difficult. For this reason, it’s essential to have a dedicated pedestrian accident attorney in your corner to enforce your rights and help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Timeline of a Pedestrian Injury Accident Case
After a pedestrian accident, it can be extremely difficult to cope when the length of the claim process is unknown. The stress starts to add up from continual pain, increased medical expenses and lost employment compensation.
We help manage the stress of filing a personal injury claim and educate our clients on the process. Our clients can consult with an experienced PA pedestrian accident lawyer like Stuart Carpey. Carpey Law works with injured clients and their families to educate them about the claim process and works to make it go smoothly.
Note: Every case is unique and may differ from the personal injury case timeline above.
Carpey Law: An Advocate for Making PA Roads Safer
Carpey Law is a proud supporter of the non-profit organization Sidewalks Are For Everyone (SAFE) whose mission is to have sidewalks installed in high-traffic areas to help improve pedestrian safety.
Find out more about SAFE and its success!
Contact a Dedicated Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today!
Our reputation for success and unmatched attention to the needs of our clients has made Stuart Carpey one of the most trusted Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Plymouth Meeting with branch offices in Philadelphia. We recommend that you pursue your claim as soon after your incident as possible. Contact Stuart Carpey today for a complimentary consultation that includes an examination of your case in detail and advice on how to proceed and ultimately recover the compensation you deserve!