The Carpey Chronicle – Personal Injury Law Articles
July 2014 Newsletter
In this month’s newsletter you can:
- Learn more about personal injury law, including knee injuries (do you really need surgery for a meniscus tear?)
- Learn about a recent contribution made to the local community
- Learn about “settlement value” in a personal injury case
- See who was selected for the National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Laura Carpey provides a recipe for the perfect summer meal!
Our goal is to get you the best settlement possible in the shortest amount of time and answer all the questions you have along the way while getting your life back on track.
A note about our newsletters:
If you are receiving our monthly newsletter, that is because you are special to us. You’re dedicated to your family, to your friends, and you want to be successful and happy in your life.
But sometimes, bad things happen to good people. Car wrecks, on-the-job accidents, even freak fatal accidents. Tragedy is blind – it befalls every person at some point in his or her life.
And while we don’t wish tragedy on anyone, we want you to know that we are here to help if you or anyone you know needs our help. We are highly trained, talented and excited to get up every morning and help make a difference in our clients’ lives. We hope our firm’s dedication to helping you, and people just like you, shows in every newsletter we send.
June 2014 Newsletter
Inside this Issue:
- Laura Carpey’s Recipe Book!
- Balsamic Soy-Glazed Chicken Wings
- Write us a review!
- Julia Carpey graduates from Pitt!
- The winner of the Carpey Law scholarship
May 2014 Personal Injury Newsletter
Inside this Issue:
- Testosterone replacement products and heart attacks can unfortunately sometimes go hand-in-hand with products such as AndroGel, AndroDerm, Axiron, and Testrim (just to name a few).
- Stuart loves speaking to groups across the state. It’s a chance to share his knowledge and expertise, while educating the public about their rights. If your group needs a speaker, reach out to our office.
- What you need to know about DUI’s, by attorney James D. Famiglio.
- Laura Carpey’s recipe of the month: biscotti!
April 2014 Personal Injury Newsletter
In this issue:
- The burden of proof in a personal injury case: “beyond a reasonable doubt” vs. “preponderance of evidence.”
- Just because there was no damage to your car in an accident doesn’t mean there was no damage to you. Dr. Theresa Johns explains, “There is no damage to my car: Why do I hurt so badly?”
- “Nobody Ever Told Me That!” In this edition of our column, Stuart discusses the importance of purchasing the right auto insurance.
- Laura Carpey’s recipe of the month: Ginger Teryaki Sliders!
March 2014 Personal Injury Newsletter
Download the March 2014 Newsletter! Here’s what’s featured in this issue:
- Health Insurance Subrogation (Right of Reimbursement)- Stuart goes into detail about what your health insurance is required to do for you.
- Stuart recently visited Villanova University to teach first and second year law students how to improve their interview skills.
- Finish What You Start – by Guest Contributor Brian Beckom of VB Attorneys in Houston
- What you need to know about the Affordable Care Act
- Stuart volunteers to teach local high school mock jury for the second year in a row!
- Laura Carpey’s Recipe of the Month: Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
February 2014 Newsletter
Inside this Issue:
- Laura Carpey’s Recipe for Rustic Garlic Chicken
- Your referrals benefit Wounded Warrior!
- February dates to remember
- Stuart’s Trivia Game
- Be Careful Who You Text: New Jersey’s novel approach to distracted driving
January 2014 Personal Injury Newsletter
Download our January 2014 Newsletter! Here’s what is featured in this issue:
- Winter Driving Safety – Some tips to help you avoid danger on snow and ice (and a personal injury lawsuit!)
- Stuart’s Trivia Game: Your case is coming up for trial, but you do not want to take off of work to appear at trial. You tell your attorney this, but your attorney says you have to appear at trial anyhow. Is your attorney correct? What if the insurance company has made a settlement offer- do you still have to go forward with the trial? (Answer inside!)
- The Art of Focus from Guest Contributor Brian Beckom of VB Attorneys
- Carpey Law’s Monthly Top 6
- Laura Carpey’s Recipe of the Month: Sissy’s Sweet & Sour Meatballs
December 2013 Personal Injury Newsletter
Here’s what’s featured in our December Newsletter:
- A Slip and Fall Can Cause All That? – Falls can actually account for as much as 8 million hospital emergency room visits annually, representing the lead cause for ER visits by more than 20%. Read more inside!
- Deceptive Advertising and the Selling of Lousy Car Insurance Coverage in PA – Stuart shares his real, honest experience about dealing with auto insurance companies and whether you should really believe their effective advertising. When it counts, do these companies really have your best interests at heart?
- Laura Carpey’s Recipe of the Month: Easy Corn Souffle!
- Stuart Carpey’s Letter to the Inquirer – The Philadelphia Inquirer recently ran an article called “Getting stuck while sticking with costlier auto insurance.” This is Stuart’s letter to the editor explaining his personal injury law experience with auto insurance companies.
Download the December 2013 Newsletter!
November 2013 Personal Injury Newsletter
Download the November 2013 Newsletter
Here’s what’s featured in our November 2013 Newsletter:
- Guest article written by Virginia Attorney Ben Glass on Long-Term Disability Benefits – How to appeal a denial of your long-term disability benefits from your employer and why something like this might happen. If your benefits have been denied, it is important to quickly seek out an experienced personal injury or medical malpractice attorney to assist you.
- You can have your car, truck, or motorcycle insurance policy reviewed by Attorney Stuart Carpey, for FREE! Stuart can review your policy and tell you what it really means in terms of protecting you and your family in the event of an accident.
- Your insider’s guide to Carpey Law – what are all the different areas of the law we cover?
- Laura Carpey’s Recipe of the Month – Apple Coffee Cake
October 2013 Personal Injury Newsletter
Download the October 2013 Newsletter!
Here’s what’s featured in our October 2013 Newsletter:
- It’s Flu Season: Know Who’s at Highest Risk – Are you at a high risk for the flu? Children under the age of 5 need to be careful, as do people older than 65. More details inside!
- Facebook: Lock it up, like you lock your house – Facebook users are not being wise about their security online. Facebook has a habit of changing your settings without telling you, so make sure any personal details you post are only being shown to the people you want to see them. And don’t post about going out of town, unless you’d like to invite burglars inside for a party while you’re gone.
- Laura Carpey’s Recipe of the Month – Three Envelope Pot Roast or Chicken
- Awfully Nice Tours – Rated #1 on Trip Advisor’s List of Activities in Philadelphia
- Stuart’s Personal Injury Trivia Game: What if I’m in an accident and the other driver doesn’t have insurance? (Answer inside!)