Carpey Law has teamed up with Sidewalks Are For Everyone (S.A.F.E.) to make Philadelphia and its surrounding counties safer for pedestrian travel.
It was a fight that was thought to be unwinnable. That’s what everyone said, at least, including board members of multiple townships and even community members who had watched others try and fail to accomplish the same goal. But in 2012 after 23-year-old John Rearick was struck and killed in a hit-and-run accident walking along New Falls Road in Levittown, a mother’s mission was realized and there was no stopping her.
This incredible story was picked up by multiple news sources, including 6abc Action News, Fox 29 News, LevittownNow.com, Philly Voice, and the Bucks County Courier Times, helping to raise awareness and gain support.
On February 18, 2016, after four years of attending meetings, collecting thousands of signatures, and hosting fundraisers, Sidewalks Are For Everyone (SAFE) and founder Sharon Rearick’s efforts have finally paid off.
S.A.F.E. in the News
- Bucks County mother wins long battle for safer road where son was killed
- A Step Closer for Sidewalks Along New Falls Road in Levittown
- Middletown Supervisors Approve Letters of Support for New Falls Road Sidewalk
- Middletown Lends Support to New Falls Road Sidewalks
- New Falls Road Sidewalks Hinge on Bristol Township, Middletown Approvals
- For Levittown Mom, Sidewalks Along New Falls Road Are A Dream Come True
- Sidewalk Protesters Receive Rude Welcome From Tullytown Council at September 2 Meeting
- A Mother’s Mission for a Safer Bucks County Community
- Suspect in Fatal Bucks County Hit-and-Run Surrenders
- Fatal Hit-and-Run Crash in Bucks County Caught on Tape
- Sharon Rearick Archives on Levittown Now
Carpey Law is honored to be a part of S.A.F.E.’s movement to protect pedestrians from injuries and accidents in Philadelphia and its surrounding counties. Its mission of getting sidewalks put in high-traffic areas is promoted solely by the community advocates that make up the organization.
You can learn more about S.A.F.E. on their website, or you can contact Carpey Law to find out about upcoming events supporting sidewalk building in our area.