Philadelphia Pedestrian Accidents
Philadelphia had the largest number of pedestrian deaths in 2012 of all the counties in the state of Pennsylvania. Of the 168 pedestrians killed in accidents in Pennsylvania that year, more than a quarter of them happened in Philadelphia.
Pedestrian accidents, especially involving a motor vehicle, can result in serious injuries and therefore costly medical bills, lost wages, and emotional damage. Many pedestrian accidents can even result in death, causing vast emotional grief for families and friends. Seeking compensation for your damages can be a complicated process, so make sure you choose a personal injury lawyer who has the expertise necessary to ensure that you are fully reimbursed and relieved of any financial burdens.
To get the facts on pedestrian accidents and safety tips for pedestrians and drivers, check out our infographic below:
What Should You Do If You’ve Been in a Pedestrian Accident?
After all emergencies have been attended to, it is important to note down as many details about the accident as possible. Write down:
- The location of the accident
- The date and time of the accident
- The driver’s information (if the accident involved a car), including name, birthdate, driver’s license number and insurance information
- The vehicle’s information (if the accident involved a car), including make, model, color, and VIN number
- Recall exactly what happened to the best of your ability – your location, the location of the car, where it struck you, where your injuries are located – so that you can relay the details to your Philadelphia injury lawyer
- See a doctor as soon as possible after the accident (even if you have only sustained minor injuries) both to ensure that you have not sustained any internal damage, and so that he or she can provide witness to the severity of your injuries
Learn more info about best practices for pedestrian safety
How We Support Pennsylvania’s Pedestrians
Carpey Law is a proud supporter of the non-profit organization Sidewalks Are For Everyone (SAFE) whose mission is to have sidewalks installed in high-traffic areas to help improve pedestrian safety.
To find out more about SAFE and its success, click here.
Stuart Carpey is Here to Help
If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident or if someone you love has been seriously injured or killed, do not hesitate to contact Stuart Carpey. He is an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer who is committed to doing everything in his power to help you earn compensation for your financial and emotional damages.