Recoverable Damages In A Personal Injury Case

If I am in an accident, what should I do with my medical bills?

In a car accident case, your doctors should send their medical bills to your car insurance company. In Pennsylvania, your own car insurance company pays your medical benefits up to the amount of medical benefit coverage that you purchased, regardless of who is at fault in an accident. In an accident where you fell on someone’s property and sustained injuries, your medical providers should submit their bills to your health insurance carrier. In a work related injury, your employer’s workers compensation carrier pays your medical bills. If we represent you, we take care of making sure that all the bills are correctly submitted to the proper insurance company.

Can I get money back for prescriptions that I’ve paid?

Yes. Payment for prescription medicine and devices are reimbursed directly to you if you’ve paid the pharmacy directly. The bills get submitted to your own insurance company and they will issue a check to you for reimbursement.

Who will pay my wages if I’m in a car accident and miss time from work?

In a car accident case, if you purchased income loss protection on your auto insurance policy you can get up to 80% of your gross wages reimbursed, typically up to $5,000. In an accident case that does not involve a car, and where you are not injured on the job and have a worker’s compensation case, you are not typically reimbursed for your wage loss until the end of the case. However, you should look for any disability policies that you have, either that you purchased individually, or through an employer, as these policies may provide income loss protection for you in the event you are injured in any type of accident.

What are “damages” in a Pennsylvania personal injury case?

Who pays my bills in a personal injury case?