If I am in an auto accident, how do I know if I need an attorney?
Following an auto accident, consulting an attorney is always a good idea to make sure the insurance companies involved give you the compensation you deserve. Because insurance companies do not have your best interests in mind, an attorney can help you deal with all the medical bills, property damage, and other damage that may have resulted from the accident, as well obtaining compensation for your injuries.
How should I prepare for my first meeting with my Pennsylvania car accident attorney?
To best prepare for your first meeting with your Pennsylvania car accident attorney (which is a very important meeting) you should gather anything and everything pertaining to your case. This includes:
- Medical reports describing the injuries you sustained during your accident
- Police reports (if you have them)
- Estimates regarding damage to your property
- The names/addresses of people who witnessed the accident
- Any photos you took at the crash site
- The name of doctor(s)
- A privacy waiver which allows your attorney to speak with your doctor about your injuries
For more information about what you should and shouldn’t do after your Pennsylvania car accident, see this article on the Carpey Law website.