You may have seen on our site that Johns Hopkins reported a 36 percent increase in fall down accidents during the 95′ – 05′ decade. And although a fall down accidents among older men and women saw the largest spike, a slip-and-fall accident is a danger to men and women of all ages.
Premises Liability Law Firm
Premises liability refers to the liability of a property owner whose premises, due to some inefficiency, caused injury to someone. An “inefficiency” here can refer to a number of characteristics on a premises:
- A broken railing on a staircase
- An uneven sidewalk
- Exposed tree roots
Just to name a few. If the problem was ignored by a landowner or property occupier then there could be liability if an injury occurs. It helps to know some statistics regarding premises liability in Pennsylvania. These are the rates and locales for fall down accidents:
- The largest group, about 60 percent of fall down accidents occur at home.
- Second largest, 30 percent of fall down accidents occur in the community.
- Lastly, about 10 percent of fall down accidents occur in institutions (for example, nursing homes, hospitals)
Of course, there are certain factors to consider in a premises liability situation. Some components which a premises liability attorney in Pennsylvania will have to investigate are:
- What were the circumstance which led the visitor to enter the property?
- What is the use of the property where the accident took place? (home, business, other?)
- Was it foreseeable that an injury occur on this aspect of the property?
- Were the property owner’s efforts to repair this aspect of the property reasonable? Did the owner try at all to repair or warn of the danger?
To read more about premises liability, fall down accidents, slip-and-fall accidents in Pennsylvania, visit our blog category page. You can find many articles on subjects relevant to premises liability. Articles like:
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, just type a keyword into the search field on the right-hand column of any page on this website. Take a look around — we’re sure you’ll learn something new!