No Fee For Kids – A Pledge to Families of Children 12 and Under Who Have Been Injured in an Auto Accident in Pennsylvania.
Stuart A. Carpey, a nationally known Philadelphia personal injury attorney, has introduced his “No Fee for Kids!” program. Whether an attorney should charge a legal fee to a child when that child’s car accident case is settled without having to file a lawsuit, is a decision Mr. Carpey has decided to confront head-on.
What businessperson gives away services for free? “It’s the right thing to do,” says Carpey. “When a case involving a child is settled with the insurance company pre-suit, the settlement and the lawyer’s fee must be approved by a judge in the county where the accident took place. Too many times I’ve been in court and have seen lawyers attempt to charge a fee on cases involving a child, where the child was in the same accident as his or her parent, and the fee, as far as I was concerned, was unjustified. I’ve decided to do something about that.”
Here’s how the “No Fee for Kids” program works.
- It must be a car accident case where the child was involved in the same accident as one or both of his parents.
- The program applies to car accident cases only.
- It applies to cases that are settled where a lawsuit does not have to be filed.
- It applies for any child who is 12 or under at the time of the accident.
- It has to be a county where Mr. Carpey regularly practices.
- It must be a case that is not referred to Mr. Carpey by another lawyer.
If you are a lawyer in the Philadelphia area, and you would also like to take the pledge, information about the program can be found here: http://www.nofeeforkidsphiladelphia.org.
Stuart A. Carpey is a personal-injury lawyer with offices in Conshohocken and Philadelphia, PA. To schedule an interview with Attorney Stuart A. Carpey, call 800-422-8286.
Fellow attorney Ben Glass from Virginia was the inspiration for this program.